The Shun Ken Onion Chef’s Knife is designed by Ken Onion. Onion is a highly famed knife maker who holds more than thirty (30) patents in knife making and design. He is the youngest member of Blade Magazine’s “Cutlery Hall of Fame” and was inducted in 2008. Ken Onion trained under the famous Japanese custom knife maker Stanley Fujisaka in 1991 and his designs are coveted by celebrities and culinary professionals worldwide.
The prestigious Shun Ken Onion Chef’s Knife is provided with its own custom mount indicating it is a worthy centerpiece in any culinary collection. It also makes an ultimate gift for any discerning Chef.
Shun Ken Onion Chef’s Knife Features
- Designed by the worlds foremost masters of knife design Ken Onion
- Crafted from VG-10 stainless steel with an 8-inch blade
- Moisture resistant Pakkawood handle
- Curvaceous blade design optimizes cutting movement
- Bolster and handle are uniquely ergonomically shaped to prevent arm tension
- Weighs less than two (2) pounds
- Includes a prestige gift box for gift giving
Shun Ken Onion Chef’s Knife Review
Pro: It’s exciting to have a celebrity endorsed blade as part of my collection. It’s a great conversation piece as well as an incredible knife.
Con: The horizontal mounting base of the blade is a bit space consuming which is fine for larger kitchens but might be an issue where counter space is limited.